Acts of kindness needing commitment
These ideas need commitment as people may come to depend upon you.
- Volunteer to help struggling readers at a school near you.
- Call or visit a housebound person.
- Drive someone somewhere who can’t drive.
- Volunteer at an agency that needs help (www.do-it.org.uk).
- Visit an old person or take them out for gentle walks.
- Get in touch with a local hospital and ask about patients who have no visitors that you would be willing to visit.
- Call or stop in at a nursing home, and ask if you can visit a resident with no family nearby.
- Clean graffiti from neighbourhood walls and buildings.
- Volunteer to do an odd job or two at an elderly couple’s home.
- Offer to take a friend’s child to sports practice.
Now read Simple, easy acts of kindness.
Or read One-off, occasional acts of kindness.
Learn about how doing acts of kindness contribute to a happier life by coming on our unique Happiness Weekend at the end of March. Click here for more information and to book.